12.05.2014

SW008: Shamik- Hemispheres (feat Shane Kellahan)


The eighth release on Sensing Waves comes from yours truly. Shane Kellahan is a mate of mine from Australia and he played sitar on the tune. We met in Australia in 2009 and performed together at Peats Ridge Festival in Glenworth Valley. We always wanted to collaborate together, and when I started producing I decided to record him. In 2012 (the last time I was in Sydney), I got him to put down a couple long takes and started working on a new beat. After a long time of learning more and giving the song space..I ended up stripping it back, changing the BPM, and ultimately fully revamping it this year. It ended up being a trippy + sub heavy beat with Shane's sitar setting the mood. The song is inspired by the long journey between our cities.

Purchase it below or on  iTunes.